Thursday, June 30, 2011

16 Months Old

James - you are 16 months old! 

Actually... 16 and a half months old by the time these pictures were actually taken!  Also, please excuse the presence of kid pots and pans in the pictures, as this was the only way to keep him entertained for the pictures!

I do not have official stats, but you are getting HEAVY.  I would guess you are creeping up on the 30 pound mark.  When you first started walking you lost that little round belly for a little - but now it is back.  Mainly due to your love of food.

I think you have also been growing a lot lately.  Your 18 month size clothes that were once big on you are now getting snug.  I think pretty soon I will need to be shopping for some larger sizes!


You are still wearing a size 5 diaper and a size 5.5 shoe.  You LOVE shoes.  You will carry you shoes over to us so we can put them on.  You will also bring me and daddy our shoes to put on.  Sometimes you even like to take our shoes and throw them in the laundry bin in the closet and I only discover them when it is time to do laundry!

You are still eating pretty good.  You have your picky moments and sometimes ALL you want is a banana.  You pretty much will always eat your go-gurt or cheese crunchies.  We also discovered how much you love the yogurt fruit snack bites made by Gerber.  I tried to give these to you when you were younger and you HATED them.  Now you will cry until we give you more.

You like to make a huge mess when you eat.  You will get food all over youself.  You will rub the food in your hair and wipe your hands on your shirt.  You think it is funny.  I do not find it so funny when I have to clean up after you!

You are a happy helper though.  You will carry stuff to the trash and put it in.  We also give you a wipe after eating and you try and clean off your high chair try.  And you will try and wipe your mouth too.

You are learning so much these days!  You say several words, including trash, cheerios, brush, bye-bye, hair, mama, dada, uh-oh, bath, bottle, dog, duck, quack and I am sure I am forgetting some others!

You also know who mommy, daddy, Brandy, Auntie are and you know a lot of your body parts!

James, where is your nose?

James, where is your mouth?

James, where are your eyes? 

You still do have some temper issues.  You get mad very easily if things do not go your way.  We have figured out the best way to deal with this is to ignore your or distract you with something else. 

You are still a loving boy.  You give the best hugs.  And you are still giving kisses.  It continues to melt my heart every time you give me a big hug followed by a little smooch!

I am SO proud to be your mommy and to be able to watch you grow even more...

Love this face...



 Wait a second... what is this thing on my shirt?

No comments: