Friday, June 10, 2011

The Little Things

James …

I look at you now and see how big you are and it is hard for me to remember you being so small – so small that you could fit in your daddy’s hand like this:


Now when we hold you, I have to switch arms often because you are HEAVY.  You are also getting so tall!

Every day you do something that just melts my heart and makes me so proud that you are mine… I thank God every day that he chose your Daddy and I to bring you into this world.

As I get older, I realize how much the little things in life mean to me….

Little things like kisses.  And hugs.

Your newest thing is to give kisses.  You do not quite yet understand that you kiss with your lips closed – but that does not stop you.  You give me, your dad and even Brandy kisses. 

My favorite is when I rock you to sleep at night.  You will have your arms wrapped around my neck with your head buried in my shoulder and all of a sudden you will pop up, smile at me, lean in to give me a kiss, then you laugh and go right back to sleep.  It is the cutest, funniest, most adorable thing in the world. 

I usually count the number of kisses I get each night so I can tell your Daddy later!

You still give the best hugs.  I just love when you wrap your arms around me.  You can make everything better with just one hug.  You have also started giving Brandy hugs now too.  It does not look like Brandy thinks the hugs are so great… 


You also like to give the giant teddy bear in your room hugs now too.  Sometimes you will run into your room and we will find you sitting in the lap of the teddy just playing with your toys. I do not think that when your Daddy bought me that teddy almost 6 years ago that it would end up in the room of our future children!

I can't wait to see what the next "little thing" is you have in store for me!

I love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

Brittany {Coleman Chronicles} said...

Aww such a sweet post! And look at those curls! I cannot believe how big he is!!