Friday, October 15, 2010

A letter to James...

Dear James,

Today you are eight months and 4 days old.  You have been a part of our world for 246 days.

There have been a lot of smiles, a lot of laughs and a lot of tears.  You have grown from our little baby boy into our little man.  I still find it hard to believe you are already eight months old.  In just a few short months, you will turn one. 

I have been meaning to write you a letter like this – but just never found the time.  I decided it was time to make the time.  I want to remember how I felt at this point in your life and one day, I want you to know how I felt as well.

Every day with you is a blessing.  I try my best to treasure every moment…every breath.  Time is flying by.  You have changed so much since you were born and I know that you will continue to change as time goes on.  There is so much about you at this age that I hope I never forget.  There is so much about this age that I love…

I love when I come to pick you up at daycare and as soon as you see me – you get this huge grin on your face and you lift up your arms so I can pick you up.

I love how you wake me and daddy up in the morning with your babbling and by lifting up your legs and slamming them down in the pack n play.

I love that you are the last thing I see every night before I go to sleep and usually the first thing I see in the morning.

I love how you just love to play.  Ever since you learned to sit up on your own, you have become a new baby.

I love when we go to bed and I feed you your night bottle and when you are done, you lie on my chest asleep and breathing so deeply.  I never want to put you down.

I love when we feed you vegetables and you get more of the food on you then in your mouth.  Especially when you rub your eyes with food covered hands…

I love how you moan when are falling asleep.

I love when you smile.  You have the best smile ever.  When you smile at me, my heart melts.

I love how when you play you will turn to me and put your hands in my lap so that I will pick you up.

I love how peaceful you look while you are sleeping.  I wonder what you dream about.

I love when you laugh.  Especially when you laugh at daddy.  It makes me so proud to see how much fun you have with him.

I love your chunky little thighs and your big belly.  I am going to be sad when you lose those.

I love how excited you get when you see your bottle.  You definitely like to eat.

I love how everyone who meets you just loves you.  You have such a great personality and a wonderful temperament. 

I could go on and on.  I guess I just love everything about you.
 

Life is short and you never know when it will be taken from you – but I want to make sure you know how much I love you and how proud I am to be your mother.

With all my love,
mommy

No comments: