Caitlin - you are 8 months old now!
(as of three weeks ago actually... once again, I am late getting this up!)
Here is a quick monthly update:
- Your eyes are still blue and your hair is blonde. In certain light, it seems like your hair has a little bit of red in it (like a strawberry blonde) - so I guess we will have to see where your hair color ends up!
- You are still our little chunky girl. You wear size 6-9 month or 6-12 month size clothes - although there are some clothes I can no longer comfortably get over your head. You are still wearing size 3 diapers. Not sure how much you weigh, but I am guessing it is right around 20 pounds.
- You now have TWO teeth - both on your bottom.
- You are officially now on the move! You can crawl really good now and you are fast! We have finally broken out the baby gates downstairs to keep you in the living room area.
- You also have learned to get yourself in the standing position! Although you are not quite upright yet - you are getting close!
- You are still breastfeeding... I would you say you are about 80% on breast-milk and the other 20% on formula (that we add to your bottles for daycare)
- We are still feeding your veggie purees - you seem to like savory stuff more than sweet. You LOVED green beans and winter squash, but was ho-hum about sweet potatoes. We have also introduced sweet potato puffs - which is definitely taking you longer to master the art of chewing/gumming them. You actually like to pick one up and hold it in your hand while you suck on it.
- You are still NOT sleeping through the night. That is all I have to say about that! :(
- You can say "da-da" and "ba-ba" - we tend to call James "brother" - so I think that is what the "ba-ba" is for.
- You are still VERY much loved and adored in our house!