Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Catching Up - The Austin Zoo

Once again, time has gotten away from me and I have yet to post about our trip to The Austin Zoo.  

A few weekends ago (the 2nd to be exact), Brian had the day off and we decided to take James to the local zoo in town.  He loves animals and we found a great deal on admission, so it was a nice way to spend the morning.

We packed up the car with the stroller, some snacks and drinks and headed out for the 40-minute drive.  I was not sure what to expect being that the only zoos I have ever been to before were the LA and San Diego ones.  I honestly did not expect much, but ended up being pleasantly surprised.

James LOVED it at the zoo.  He did not want anything to do with the stroller and was just having a blast running around and looking at everything.  He really liked the turtles, monkeys and the tigers.



















And did I mention that the zoo has a train?  James loves "choo-choos" - so we of course had to go for a ride.  Here is our family photo right before the train took off.  I do not think I have seen James sit so still before, like he did on the whole ride!  He had so much to look at and take in.


After leaving the zoo and giving James his bottle of milk, it took him not even five minutes to pass out in the car.  And in typical McDermott fashion - he fell asleep with the bottle in his hand!

No comments: