Monday, September 6, 2010

Sweet Pea

It has been almost a month now since we introduced James to solid food in the form of rice cereal... and he still is not a fan.  Occasionally he will eat a few bites, other times he will spit out every bite or sometimes he does not even open his mouth.  One thing he has mastered though... making a mess! :)

Since we have not had such luck with rice cereal, we decided to give James some vegetables a few weeks ago.  When I first got pregnant, I knew that I wanted to try and make homemade baby food - so I broke out my new BabyCook and whipped James up some homemade sweet peas, zucchini and squash.  

We decided to start with the sweet peas, as I had read that this was a good starter vegetables for babies.  I was not to sure of how James was going to react to the peas - but he did surprisingly well!  He actually ate about half of what we gave him and despite making some funny faces, I think he may actually enjoy his vegetables!

2 comments:

Massey said...

Super cute...have you tried mixing something sweet with the cereal? Hailey loved the fruits with the cereal.

Davi said...

haha... love the faces!