Thursday, September 10, 2009

18 weeks... and Football!

It is SO crazy to think that tomorrow I will be 18 weeks along in this pregnancy – only two more weeks till I am at the half-way point!

Now that the second trimester is in full swing, I have been feeling much better and I think I am even getting a little bit of my energy back. I have been eating like crazy and have gained about 6 pounds so far – although I think all the weight has gone directly to my belly. My pre-pregnancy pants no longer fit and I have given into the maternity ones and I must say - they are quite comfy!

This weekend, our little McDermott baby got to experience his or her first college football experience (via the womb)! Saturday night was the start of the football season here in Austin and we are lucky to have season tickets this year – so we got to go to the stadium and watch UT beat Louisiana-Monroe! Apparently, the baby is starting to hear sounds now and I wonder if he/she enjoyed all the cheering and the sounds of the cannon going off after we score! Here are a few pics from the game for your enjoyment:

Baby's First UT Game - tailgating


The View from our Seats


Brian & Liz at the game


On another note – Brian and I went to our 18-week check up on Wednesday. Everything is looking good with the baby and the doctor was able to find the heartbeat via Doppler VERY fast this time. We go back to the doctor in two weeks for the BIG ONE – the ultrasound where we get to find out what we are having!

So what do you all think… are we having a BOY or a GIRL?

1 comment:

Massey said...

You don't like when I say...GIRL GIRL GIRL!

Hailey needs a little friend. All she has are boys to hang out with. A little girl would be wonderful! The clothes for little girls are much more fun too!