Friday, August 14, 2009

14 week Update

Brian and I have made it to 14 weeks - yay! Depending on what pregnancy books or websites you read, we are officially in the 2nd trimester now. 1/3 of the pregnancy done – only 2/3 to go!

On Wednesday we had our latest check-up with the doctor and the baby is doing great. He/She is definitely a stinker though (takes after Brian) and does not like to cooperate for the doctor! After a few minutes of trying to get the baby’s heartbeat on the portable Doppler (and a few minutes of me freaking out when they could not find it!), the doctor gave up and took us to the ultrasound room for a quick look.

Baby McDermott was looking great – kicking and waving at us like crazy! The doctor was amazed at how long the baby’s legs and arms were, but Brian and I were not surprised given how tall we both are.

We have another appointment with the doctor in 4 weeks and then 2 weeks after that we get to come in for our 20 week ultrasound and find out the sex of the baby! It will be nice to know whether it’s a boy or a girl, so that we can start planning the theme/décor of the baby room and finally buy some of the cute baby clothes I see when out shopping.

As far as how I am doing – I am happy to report I have only gained about 2 pounds so far this pregnancy! Even though, it is getting a little harder every day to get my pants buttoned… I think it is almost time to start shopping in the “dreaded” maternity section.

Last night, Brian and I decided to start the 1st of many “belly shots” that we will take during the pregnancy to document the growth of the baby. So, without further ado – here is the official 14-week belly shot! (Please don’t laugh!)

Last but not least, we are off on a quick weekend trip to California tonight for a friend’s wedding in Big Sur tomorrow! Besides being excited for the wedding, I am really excited to get me some In-N-Out for dinner and make a quick stop to Trader Joe’s to pick up my favorite chocolate meringues! Yummy! (and I am sure that Brian is most excited about getting him some Firestone beer!)

Anywho - I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so skinny! So glad to hear the baby is doing great. It's going to come out 2 feet tall I just know it!

Massey said...

If the baby comes out 2 feet tall, I won't be able to hold it.